Chair Diana St. James firstname.lastname@example.org
Caltech Playreaders: Theater of the Imagination
Playreaders perform staged script-in-hand readings before an audience of Caltech/JPL/Huntington friends, meeting six times during the academic year in the Athenaeum. We introduce the play briefly, setting the stage with intriguing background information, and inspiring informal discussion after the reading. Readings generally generally run about two hours. After the performance, all are welcome to join us for sherry, refreshments, and convivial discussion between audience and cast.
No reservations are needed to attend the reading, but are requested for those planning on dining at the The Athenaeum beforehand (reservations 626-395-8200). You are welcome to join The Playreaders table, which is seated promptly at 5:30 pm to make the 7:30 pm curtain time. The table need not be full before ordering.
Admission for Caltech Women’s Club (CWC) members is $3, and $4 for all others.
Additional contact Information
If you would like to read a part, please introduce yourself to our casting coordinators:
For membership questions, please contact Arden Thomas email@example.com
Projected 2017-18 Season:
- November 7, 2017 - An Enemy of the People, by Henrik Ibsen. Directed and Introduced by John Davidson.
- February 13, 2018 - The Foreigner, by Larry Shue. Directed and Introduced by Will Ahrens. Produced by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service, Inc.
- March 13, 2018 - Silent Sky, by Lauren Gunderson. Directed by Arden Thomas Produced by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service, Inc.
- April 10, 2018 - The Murder Room, by Jack Sharkey. Directed and introduced by Cara King. Produced by Special Arrangement with Samuel French, Inc.
- May 8, 2018 - Leading Ladies, by Ken Ludwig. Directed and Introduced by Joanne Doyle. Produced by special arrangement with Samuel French, Inc.